Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

The S Family welcomed the first day of 2009 by visiting a local ice skating rink. We thought about taking the boys ice skating last year but never actually made it. I took several years of ice skating as a child but it has been 20+ years since I actually set foot on the ice. I'm not really sure if ice skating is one of those things that once you learn you never forget, but I think I was able to hold my own on the ice. At any rate I didn't fall and my backside was dry when we left. True, I no longer have the ability to zip around the rink whilst dancing to various peppy 80s tunes, but I personally think a dry backside at the end of the day qualifies as decent ice skating. Success!!!

Our niece Averie joined us and a grand time was had by all. Averie and I spent most of our time trying to keep the boys on their feet, as evidence by the pictures below. Enjoy!

No comments: