Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gratitude

I never did get back to that promised Thanksgiving Day post. The problem is, there are no words, at least no words I am familiar with, to express the depth of emotion, sense of joy and deep gratitude I am experiencing for the difference in our lives between last year and this year at this time. Perhaps if I were a poet or a writer I might take a shot at expressing these feelings, but I just cannot convince myself to write a post that I KNOW will fall far short of communicating the thoughts in my heart.

So I am just going to leave this brief epistle by stating that I dearly love my husband and my children and not a minute of a day goes by when I am not overcome with a sense of peace and joy and gratitude for their presence in my life.

If you are a new reader and have no idea what I am talking about, you can find the S family's old blog here. The blog is called AnnaNathanandIsaacsDaddy.

Love to all!

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I will admit that I look at my hubby sometimes and have the biggest swell of love for him... when I think about Shauna (though she most likely isn't born yet).. the love for that girl the love is so great... I can see where you are coming from... in a way at least...

Elizabeth said...

Cherith--
There is only one logical response to your post...

Amen, Sista!

This is what makes all the day to day drudgery of laundry, dishes, runny noses, shovelling snow--the whole bit of it, TOTALLY WORTH IT.

The whole family deal is quite a mystery to me--but it's not one I could live without.

Love ya.
Liz

Anonymous said...

What wonderful sentiments! You are blessed beyond measure with your family!