Monday, June 2, 2008

Nothing...


After arriving home from work and hopping directly into another car in order to travel to the boys' Little League game, Jesse asked me what I did today.

"Nothing." I replied.

Puzzled, he tilted his head to the side and said, "Nothing?"

"Well, I did make breakfast, did 2 loads of dishes, washed, dried and put away no fewer than 4 loads of laundry, took all three kids to the post office and waited in a 20 minute line, took them out to lunch, to the fountain, home again for a story and rest time, watered all of my plants in the back yard, straightened up the kitchen, disposed of two nasty spiders, packed the car for the t-ball game, arranged for our nanny to watch 2 additional kids on Wed in order to help out a friend, broke and cleaned up a large Pyrex pie plate, swept all of the hard wood in the house, cleaned up numerous toy messes, assembled various snacks, refereed numerous disagreements, delivered several articulate speeches on manners, empathy and personal responsibility, cleaned the pomegranate colored popsicle that melted all over Anna off Anna, soaked the now pomegranate stained clothing in stain remover, cleaned the pomegranate stains out of the carpet on each stair leading to our second floor because Nathan felt it necessary to march the pomegranate popsicle stained Anna up the stairs in order to demonstrate what a mess she had made despite the strict "popsicles and popsicle related messes are to remain outside" house rule and made three beds. I guess when I said nothing I meant that I didn't do any actual income related work. So you know, nothing."

There you have my typical daily nothing. What's yours?

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

oh yeah. I've had this day. In fact, I have this day about 3 days out of every 7. I think there should be a government program to pay us for days like this...

esp 4 loads of laundry days.

Teacher Mary said...

You are so funny. I remember what pomegranate stains are like. I still eat them--just love them! I have one shirt in my closet that is designed only for eating pomegranates and dying my hair!

Mary said...

I feel your pain. I have days like that ALL the time, and lately they've been compounded by the fact that Sam will not answer to his name, only to "nathan." ;)

Anna looks adorable in her swimsuit.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I found your blog via RQ. First, can I just say that your daughter looks adorable in her swimsuit?!?

And I have days like that some of the time - minus the t-ball. We only have one daughter, but our Tongginator sure keeps us on our toes. LOL.

M3 said...

Whew!!!