Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What state do we live in again?



This post is actually overdue, I am writing about this past weekend, but I have been crazy busy wrapping things up before the Thanksgiving break so I am just now getting to it.

The weather this past weekend was FABULOUS! Mid 70s for highs, mid 40s and 50s for lows, utterly gorgeous. We took advantage with a trip to the zoo and dinner on the patio of a lovely restaurant where we watched the Symphony in Lights set to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Ok, so they only have 2 or 3 REALLY good arrangements BUT...those particular arrangements are REALLY awesome.

We requested a seat on the patio, asked them to fire up the enormous gas heaters and then kicked back with the kids to watch the show. It was SUCH a nice evening. Yes, I realize it was a tad early for a Christmas themed light show but we figured that we had to take advantage while the weather cooperated and oh how right we were. As I type, Wed night, I believe we are in the teens. Jesse is walking the dog. That man is a seriously dedicated dog owner I tell you.

Sunday night, the night of the light show, we dined at Ling and Louie's, a rather upper scale Chinese/American sort of fusion restaurant. I think they bill themselves as an Asian Bar and Grill. Well whatever, the food is FABULOUS. I am not a PF Chang's girl. I don't see much a difference between what we order there and what I can get from Mr. Wong's around the corner for 1/8 of the cost. Ling and Louie's however, is REALLY tasty. When the ribs* we ordered for an appetizer arrived, Isaac dipped his finger in the sauce, took a quick taste and then announced in what I can only assume was a perfect imitation of someone from the movie Ratatouille, "This sauce is FANTASTIC." Jesse I burned more calories trying to restrain our laughter than we consumed during the entire meal. Anna insisted on tasting a long mushroom with pepper sauce from my entree, chewed thoughtfully for a moment and then happily announced, "Hot dog!" Nathan pretty much ignored his food, opting instead for the bag of M & Ms which I assume was supposed to be his dessert. As much as I like this restaurant, they probably need some education as to what will happen when they simultaneously serve a meal and a dessert to a 4 year old . He also announced twice that he needed to go poop. SIGH Fortunately we were the only people seated on the patio so there was no one to offend.

We had a fabulous weekend and we are terribly happy we got out this weekend, given the current weather.

Pictures of our day at the zoo below.

Many, many thanks to those of you who supported me through my "issues" on Friday. In case you are not already aware, the events ended favorably and I am very excited. If you haven't the foggiest idea what I am talking about, and I realize how aggravating and cryptic I am being at the moment, shoot me an e-mail and I will explain what I am talking about as well as why I am being so cryptic. Unless of course you belong to the group of people for whose sake I am being cryptic, in which case I will just have to apologetically tell you that I can't tell you what I am talking about.

Wow, I have kind of a headache now.

It is almost time to mail Christmas cards! I am a sucker for Christmas cards, I love sending them and receiving them. If I do not currently have your address and you would like a card, please send it to me. B.D. I don't have yours but would love to send you a card. I am particularly excited about this year's card as I took the pictures myself, designed the card with Jesse's help, and then ordered the prints. I am sure it is not perfect nor as good as it would be if we had opted for professional photos, but I am pretty happy with it anyway.

Love to all and a VERY Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I will be back with a Thanksgiving post at some point, not your typical smarmy, "We are thankful for food and our house.." post...not that we are not thankful for those things nor to imply that anyone who writes such a post is necessarily smarmy...but a post regarding the differences in our lives this year as compared to last, how we have grown and what we have learned from those experiences. Or on second thought, maybe I won't be back with that post. It is pretty personal. Hmm...I will have to think on this for a day or two. But I WILL be back at some point. :)

*I have a dietary weakness. Typically I am a whole grains, whole foods, fruits and veggies, cook from scratch, anti partially hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, and high fructose corn syrup kind of girl. But put a plate of well prepared ribs in front of me and all bets are off, stand back or you might get hurt. It is all Candace's fault. I was secure and happy in my food snobbery when she FORCED me to taste the ribs her hubby prepared one weekend. And the rest was history.

PS Oh yes, the two pics at the top. This is an expression that we have been trying to capture on film for several months. I believe that dear Auntie Esther taught Anna to furrow her brow and get her lecturing finger going in this manner. Anna now lectures me, the dog, the boys and whoever else happens to be in her line of sight like this several times a day. Thanks a bunch Auntie Esther.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I only teach her the important things!