Monday, January 7, 2008

The S Brothers on Hospitality


The S children spent their first full day with their new nanny today. She is WONDERFUL. They do miss their former nanny and her kids, but circumstances have changed a bit in the S house and we had to make a few adjustments.

Ceci, their new nanny, is an absolute God send as far as I am concerned. Before they were even dressed this morning she kindly but firmly helped them clean up their room, no small task for even the bravest of souls.

They spent a wonderful day playing with their new pal. As we wrapped up their time with Ceci, I suggested to Isaac and Nathan that they should put down their toys and walk her to the door.

Nathan looked at me and stated firmly in his MOST incredulous tone, "Mommy, she KNOWS where the door is."

I looked directly back at him and stated as firmly, if not more so, that we do not walk someone to the door in order to help them find it, we do so because it is polite and I expect my boys to have good manners.

Ceci, in case you are wondering, was turning beet red in a herculean effort not to burst out laughing.

Both boys then looked at me as if I had completely lost my mind, stepped reluctantly but obediently away from their toys and walked with me as we showed Ceci to the door.

After the door was shut, Isaac turned around and said, "I hope she remembers where the door is next time. She might get stuck here forever if we forget to walk her out."

Perhaps a trail of bread crumbs will help? I don't know for sure but I think Ceci is in for one wild ride.

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Glad to hear the brothers took heed in the look you gave them... hehe...

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that you are teaching manners at their tender age since if they do not get them now they probably never will get them. The boys comments are absolutely priceless! Out of the mouths of babes can come the most unbelievable things!