Friday, June 15, 2007

Faces

Many of you know of Jesse's and my obsessive desire to grow our family by adopting from China. Well, ok, I am probably the only one who is obsessive about it. If you did not know, now you do. We do not talk about it much, save with a few trusted family members and friends, and I have never talked about it here. I do not plan to publicly discuss any further details on this issue as I feel it is a very private and personal matter, but I felt you would need a little background information as to why I am writing what I am about to write.

I follow several charitable organizations that work directly with the orphanages in China. You may or may not have noticed the link to one of these organizations, Half the Sky, in the side bar to the left.

Anther organization that I love, A Child's Right, recently completed a trip to China. They installed several water purification systems in a number of the orphanages. The pictures of their trip are absolutely amazing and I want to share them with you. I know there are a number of people who do not understand this obsession of mine, I hope that looking at all these beautiful faces will help you appreciate some of the reasons why this is such an important issue for me.

There are a LOT of photos here. Please, if you can, take the time to look through them all. This is such an amazing opportunity to see into these orphanages.
A Child's Right

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I share your commitment to these children--I know many orphanages do the best that they can--clean water means everything to them.