Sunday, June 17, 2007

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

I know there are many people out there who view Mother's and Father's Days as nothing more than an attempt to put more money in the pockets of the greeting card producing set and to an extent I am sure that is true,

BUT...

I personally see NOTHING wrong with taking a little extra time once a year to say an extra special thank you to the moms and dads who make our world a better place, who tenderly watch over, teach and love their offspring. Yes, we should always be thankful and always make sure they know they are loved, but what is wrong with a little extra effort now and then?

{Cherith steps off the soap box}

To my husband Jesse, my best friend, my partner in crime, etc.

Thank you for being THE most wonderful father on this beautiful planet. I am thankful each and every day that our children have you to love them. We are all very blessed indeed to have you.

This Father's Day has such special meaning to me and I will admit that I have been holding back tears most of the day. I honestly thought I was going to loose it in church this morning. Rest assured they are happy tears. Our future was so uncertain at this time last year. All of your Father's Day gifts were chosen so that you would have something to do in the hospital during your recovery. There are not strong enough words in any language for me to express how utterly grateful I am to have you with us today. Your children adore you, I love you more than life itself and we are honored that we were given the gift of your presence this past year and for many years to come.

I may be a little weepy the rest of the day and especially during the week to come. Just turn your head and give me a minute to compose myself, don't hug me or acknowledge the tears or I will absolutely loose it. They are happy tears, the most happy tears I have ever cried. I LOVE YOU JESSE!

NOTE: If you are new to this blog and utterly confused by this post, here is a little background info. Jesse has a congenital heart defect called Epstein's anomaly. On June 23, 2006, Jesse, age 29, underwent open heart surgery to replace his tricuspid valve. At the time, our kids were ages 4, 3 and 9 weeks. If you would like to read the blog I kept before, during and after the surgery, you can find the "start" of our journey by signing up for a free account at Care Pages . Our former blog is called AnnaNathanandIsaacsDaddy.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there, especially those who I know are in close competition with Jesse for the tile of "World's Best Father." ;)

No comments: