Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's a Darn Good Thing...

...that Nathan is such a good sleeper. He has always been our champion, slept through the night at 9 weeks, rarely wakes up and wanders the house at night, can sleep through nearly anything and always wakes up happy and alert little guy.

Why, you might ask, is this relevant?

Because it is 2:14 AM. Isaac has been up all night sick and feverish, tossing and turning and moaning when he does fall asleep and Anna has been ailed by some unknown malady that has had me in and out of her room at least 12 times, desperate to the point where I actually put her in bed with me which was a colossal failure as she tosses and turns more than...I don't know, something that tosses and turns a lot! It is (now) 2:17 am for cryin out loud, I am too tired to think of a good comparison.

This is clearly one of the most significant reasons why so many couples have only 2 children. IF Nathan were having a rough night too we would be outnumbered and all end up camped out on the family room floor watching Scooby Doo or some other horror movie. {{{shudder}}}

I am sure you are thinking, why in GOD'S name is the woman up at (now)2:18 am writing a blog post when she could be trying to catch a few minutes of sleep?

Well let me answer that for you since I know you are burning with curiosity.

I am one of those unfortunate souls who cannot sleep in teeny tiny increments. When the kids were babies, maybe, but now a days if I am not guaranteed at least an hour of uninterrupted sleep, I really don't see the point. It is excruciatingly painful for me to get up every 20 minutes, just after I have dozed off. I much prefer to just be awake in anticipation of the next call. I am far less cranky this way.

For the moment all is serene and simply put, I am using you as a means to entertain myself and unwind before I go to bed, assuming I will actually have the chance.

Liz and Mary, I am terribly sorry for so abruptly jumping off IM with you earlier this evening. I would love to have chatted longer, but c'est la vie.

2:27 Am
No it did not take me 13 minutes to type the brief notes above, I DO have other interests.

Sorry. I am clearly too cranky to blog anymore. Night all! Here's to healthy and well rested kids in the morning!

Except that Anna just started fussing again. whimper

May everyone except me sleep well.

PS It is snowing.

3 comments:

Mary said...

No need to apologize, I'm sorry that the kids are sick!

You have my deepest sympathy over the lack of sleep. I'd much rather stay up as well (of course, in my case it would just mean doing more freaking homework.)

Elizabeth said...

Oh Cherith.
Hugs and wishes for a restful night your way. I so know your pain.

I took a nap on Friday which started at 11:30am...and ended at 3:01pm. I know tired.

Be well my friend

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are catching up nicely on the sleep that you have missed! I'll pray that your family stays well the rest of the winter!