Saturday, October 13, 2007

MORTIFIED

Aunt Mary and Sammy had a nice visit, or at any rate it seemed nice from my point of view. Today we hosted a small, belated family gathering and celebrated Sammy's 2nd birthday.

As everyone was getting ready to leave, Sammy spilled a container of art supplies in my garage. I was in the process of cleaning them up when I heard a strange thumping noise. I glanced up in an effort to locate the source of this strange noise. Anyone care to guess what I saw?

I saw Nathan.

I saw Nathan, my darling, athletic 4 year old bundle of energy.

I saw Nathan JUMPING UP AND DOWN ON THE ROOF OF ESTHER'S CAR!!!

I don't think I have ever been so embarrassed. WHERE would he get the idea to do such a thing???

I am horrified and embarrassed and I don't even know what else.

But at the same time, I have to admit, the sight of Nathan using the roof of a car as a trampoline was probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Maybe NOW Jesse will listen to Rachael and let her get the boys that trampoline for Christmas. Better the grass die under the trampoline than we have to pay for the repair and/or replacement of car roofs.

BOYS!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so horrified I can barely function! A couple of cute pairs of shoes should cover it!
;)

Jesse said...

NO TRAMPOLINE!!!!!